Gross sexual imposition is a serious accusation that carries with it significant penalties, including possible imprisonment, fines, and negative effects on your career and reputation. If you are facing charges of sexual imposition charges or have even been accused of this offense, now is the time to hire a qualified sex crimes defense lawyer who can protect your legal rights.
When you consult a Cincinnati sex crimes laywer at The Wieczorek Law Firm early in the process, you can improve your chances of having the charges dismissed or reduced if at all possible. Call us at (513) 317-5987 or complete a contact form to arrange a free and confidential case consultation.
How Can a Sex Crimes Lawyer Help?
The Wieczorek Law Firm can assist with your case by:
- Reviewing the charges against you
- Conducting an in-depth investigation to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident in question
- Exploring whether there is motive for the alleged victim to fabricate or exaggerate the charges against you
- Reviewing the case for procedural errors by law enforcement that provide a basis to suppress evidence or seek an elimination or reduction in criminal charges
- Conducting extensive discovery to prepare your case for pre-trial motions and trial
- Negotiating the best possible result for your case
- Representing you throughout the legal process
Call us today to learn more about how we can help.
What Is Gross Sexual Imposition?
Gross sexual imposition is a more serious form of sexual imposition under Ohio law. It involves having sexual contact with another person, causing another person to have sexual contact with you, or causing two other people to have sexual contact with each other under any of the following situations:
- You purposefully cause the other person to submit to sexual contact by force or threat of force
- You substantially impair the judgment or control of the other person through force, the threat of force, deception or a controlled substance to prevent resistance
- You know the other person’s judgment or control is substantially impaired by drugs or an intoxicant administered during their surgery, medical treatment, or dental procedure
- The other person is under 13 years old
- You know the other person’s ability to resist or consent is substantially impaired because of a disability or advanced age
- You knowingly touch the other person’s genitals when they are under 12 years old for the purpose of sexual satisfaction
Your lawyer can review the charges against you and explain if the circumstances justify this charge or if you can try to have your charges reduced to sexual imposition.
Penalties for Gross Sexual Imposition?
Sexual imposition is charged as a third-degree misdemeanor in Ohio, which has a maximum penalty of up to 60 days in jail and a fine up to $500. Gross sexual imposition is a felony offense. The potential penalties for gross sexual imposition in Ohio depends on whether the crime is charged as a third- or fourth-degree felony.
A fourth-degree felony has a potential penalty of six to eighteen months in jail and fines up to $5,000. A third-degree felony has a potential penalty of one to five years imprisonment and a fine up to $10,000.
Additionally, a conviction of gross sexual imposition, you will be required to register as a sex offender.
Call Us to Defend Your Legal Rights
If you are facing other criminal charges for a sex crimes such as child pornography or rape in Ohio, you need an experienced Cincinnati criminal defense attorney on your side. You need Mark Wieczorek. He has handled more than 100 rape cases and 500 sex crime cases. He can put his considerable knowledge and experience to defend you. Call us at (513) 317-5987 or complete a contact form for your free case review.