If you are facing drug charges, always be sure to contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer for a breakdown of said charges. Ohio Drug Charges vary based on the severity of the crime, use of a weapon, amount of substance and whether or not the offense occurred near schools or minors. The following sentencing guidelines are used for Cincinnati drug crimes:
- Minor Misdemeanor Fines up to $150
- Misdemeanor of the Fourth Degree Up to 30 days in jail and fines not exceeding $250
- Misdemeanor of the Third Degree Up to 60 days in jail and fines up to $500
- Misdemeanor of the Second Degree Up to 90 days in jail and fines up to $750
- Misdemeanor of the First Degree Up to 180 days in jail and fines up to $1,000
- Felony of the Fifth Degree Up to 12 months of prison time and fines up to $2,500
- Felony of the Fourth Degree Up to 18 months of prison time and fines up to $5,000
- Felony of the Third Degree Up to 3 years in prison and fines up to $10,000 and up to 5 years on special F3’s
- Felony of the Second Degree Up to 8 years in prison and fines up to $15,000
- Felony of the First Degree Up to 11 years in prison and fines up to $20,000 and up to life on special F1’s
* Additional Major Drug Offender (“MDO”) Specification may be added to increase sentencing based on the weight of illegal substance* Any MDO specification is deemed mandatory time upon conviction.
The Wieczorek Law Firm defends clients against Cincinnati drug charges. Contact us 24/7 at 513-317-5987 for a free review of your case. Time is not on your side and you need an attorney you can trust to utilizing every defense possible to receive the best outcome.